The 2017 show will be on the weekend of 16th and 17th September, again at the ASB Showgrounds in Greenlane Auckland.
We’ve had heaps of feedback on last year show … nearly all of it positive … and the rest pretty easy to fix …. more food … more stuff to buy … better lighting in the older halls, so we’ll sort all that!
Lots of interest already from both existing exhibitors who want to come back and aslo quite a few new displays … so more to see this year … we’ve also taken an extra hall so the show will be bigger again than 2016.
As soon as we’ve confimed key sponors and exhibitors, we’ll update the site.
Some brief stats about the 2016 show:
- We had 8,000 visitors which makes this the biggest bike specific show in NZ
- At midday on both the Sat and Sun, we had 1,200 bikes in the carpark … pretty much a show and a party by itself … bike parking will be free again this year
- The 2016 show covered 80,000 square feet … we’e booked just over 100,000 for 2017
- We featured 51 Trade displays, 28 Clubs and had just over 700 bikes in the exhibition halls
- We are a fund raising event for the Papakura Rotary Club and all our profits go to community charities … in 2016 you helped us donate $140,000!
The show will continue the contests of previous years and we may add some more categories this year … we’ll update this asap. Details from last year are as below but please don’t post in entries just yet …
Entries for Individual Bikes or Clubs is very simple. See the page for “Enter Your Bike” or “Enter Your Club”, fill in the details and we’ll get back to you to confirm. If you’ve got any queries, just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the New Zealand Classic Bike of the Year?
- Who is Eligible: open to all motorcycles constructed before 1993 and having its restoration completed in the 18 months prior to August 2016.
- The Process: Entries are open until the Friday the 5th August 2015. Those entrants that do not qualify for the finals will have their bikes automatically entered into the main body of the show. Prize giving will be conducted at approximately 3.00 pm Sunday of the show.
- Judging: The selection of the top 10 bikes will be done by a selection of reputable restorers. Judging criteria will be at the sole discretion of the organizers and no communication will be entered into regarding the selection. Criteria will include the amount of work carried out by the owner and the condition of the original donor bike
The following motorcycle categories will be contested:
- Veteran (up to end of 1918).
- Vintage (1919-end of 1931).
- Pre-war (1932-end of 1945).
- Post-war (1946-end of 1955).
- Classic I (1956-end of 1966).
- Classic II (1967-end of 1978).
- Post Classic (1979-end of 1990).
- Best Honda.
- Best Kawasaki.
- Best Suzuki.
- Best Yamaha.
- Best Continental.
- Best American.
- Best British.
- Best Off-Road.
- Best Japanese Dirt Bike.
- Best Scooter.
- Best Competition.
- Best Custom.
- Best Chopper.
- Best Trike.
There will also be awards for:
- Peoples Choice.
- Best Club or Group Display.
- Classic Bike of the Year.
- Best in Show.
Any queries or commercial enquiries are always welcome either via the Contacts page or via email@example.com