We are delighted to announce that the motorcycle section of ACC, are our 2016 sponsors and the show will be called The Ride Forever Motorcycle Show. The show now covers all bikes … Modern, Classic and Custom, both on and off road. The show started life as a Classic bike event for its first two years. In 2015 it expanded to include Custom bikes and now in 2016 we’ve become all inclusive and feature Modern bikes as well.
We also welcome the bike section of the NZ Motor Industry Association to the show and at last count had stands from 15 individual modern marques represented .
The show is at the ASB Showgrounds on the weekend of 13th and 14th August 2016.
Tickets are sold at the door. Prices are the same as last year:
- $20 Adults
- $5 Kids (aged 5-13 years)
- $40 Family Pass (2 Adults, 2 Kids)
The Show is run as a Charity Fund Raising Event on behalf of the Papakura Rotary Club with all profits going towards the support of Community Activities and is the largest bike specific show in New Zealand.
The 2015 show was staged on the weekend of 15th & 16th August at the ASB Showgrounds in Greenlane. 4,000 visitors enjoyed the spectacle (and noise) of 475 bikes, 25 bike clubs and numerous trade stands selling everything from new bikes, through to clothing, accessories, spare parts, services and bike related information. The show contributed $70,000 towards charities in the community.
One of the highlights of the show was the auction of a new Indian Scout. This was generously donated by Indian NZ and prepared as a tribute to Burt Munro. The bike was themed with Burt’s racing colours, 35 race number and “Spirit of Munro” logo on the tank. The auction raised $36,700 for charity. The bike is now in Hays’ Engineering in Invercargill where it will be on display in the future alongside Burt’s original bike.
The show also features the New Zealand Classic Bike of the Year award. This is for a recent restoration of a Classic (currently pre 1993) bike and in 2015 was won by a very rare 1982 McIntosh Suzuki, restored by Dave Morley. In addition to the trophy, the award included a $1,000 cash prize, donated by Motorcycle Trader Magazine.
Further major prizes at the show include Best Bike in Show and Best Club, both adjudicated by professional judges and Peoples’ Choice, voted on by show visitors. These are also $1,000 awards and were sponsored by Star Insurance and the distributors of MotoBatt and Deka batteries.
Entries for Individual Bikes or Clubs is very simple. See the page for “Enter Your Bike” or “Enter Your Club”, fill in the details and we’ll get back to you to confirm. If you’ve got any queries, just send us an email at email@example.com
What is the New Zealand Classic Bike of the Year?
- Who is Eligible: open to all motorcycles constructed before 1993 and having its restoration completed in the 18 months prior to August 2016.
- The Process: Entries are open until the Friday the 5th August 2015. Those entrants that do not qualify for the finals will have their bikes automatically entered into the main body of the show. Prize giving will be conducted at approximately 3.00 pm Sunday of the show.
- Judging: The selection of the top 10 bikes will be done by a selection of reputable restorers. Judging criteria will be at the sole discretion of the organizers and no communication will be entered into regarding the selection. Criteria will include the amount of work carried out by the owner and the condition of the original donor bike
The following motorcycle categories will be contested:
- Veteran (up to end of 1918).
- Vintage (1919-end of 1931).
- Pre-war (1932-end of 1945).
- Post-war (1946-end of 1955).
- Classic I (1956-end of 1966).
- Classic II (1967-end of 1978).
- Post Classic (1979-end of 1990).
- Best Honda.
- Best Kawasaki.
- Best Suzuki.
- Best Yamaha.
- Best Continental.
- Best American.
- Best British.
- Best Off-Road.
- Best Japanese Dirt Bike.
- Best Scooter.
- Best Competition.
- Best Custom.
- Best Chopper.
- Best Trike.
There will also be awards for:
- Peoples Choice.
- Best Club or Group Display.
- Classic Bike of the Year.
- Best in Show.
Any queries or commercial enquiries are always welcome either via the Contacts page or via firstname.lastname@example.org