The 2017 show will be on the weekend of 16th and 17th September, again at the ASB Showgrounds in Greenlane Auckland.
Free bike parking again this year … right outside the main pavilion … 1200 bikes in the carpark over the lunch hour last year … a show all in itself!
Ride Forever are again the Prime Sponsors of the show and will be offering great tips and give aways on courses to improve your riding. Look out for a feature on the popular Coromandel Loop run by the good people from Safer Roads.
100,000 square feet of indoor display space this year up from 80,000 in 2016. All tye major manufacturers are back plus a few new ones … new models and latest releases on display.
This is the 50th anniversary of Burt Munro’s record at Bonneville. To celebrate this, Indian are dressing up a brand new Scout in tribute to the man and the event. This will be auctioned on Trademe starting at a $1 Reserve, with the auction closing live at the show. We’ll publish photos as soon as we’ve perfected the design …
Fantastic Door Prize … every visitor to the show can register for the chance to take home a brand new Royal Enfield Classic 350, proudly donated by Royal Enfield New Zealand.
Great product prizes for both individual bike and club entries so get your entries in …. there are product prizes for marque contests and $1000 cash for each of: Classic Bike of the Year (sponsored by Pro Rider), Best Bike in Show and Best Club (sponsored by Star Insurance) and People’s Choice.
The show remains a charitable fund raising event and all of our profits go back to the community. In 2016 you helped us donate $140,000 to groups including the National Burn Unit at Middlemore Hospital, the Youth Driver Awareness Project and Educational Scholorships for disadvantaged youth. The show is run by the Papakura Rotary Club.
Entries for Individual Bikes or Clubs is very simple. See the page for “Enter Your Bike” or “Enter Your Club”, fill in the details and we’ll get back to you to confirm. If you’ve got any queries, just send us an email at email@example.com
What is the New Zealand Classic Bike of the Year?
- Who is Eligible: open to all motorcycles constructed before 1993 and having its restoration completed in the 18 months prior to September 2017.
- The Process: Entries are open until the Friday the 8th September 2017. Those entrants that do not qualify for the finals will have their bikes automatically entered into the main body of the show. Prize giving will be conducted at approximately 3.00 pm Sunday of the show.
- Judging: The selection of the top 10 bikes will be done by a selection of reputable restorers. Judging criteria will be at the sole discretion of the organizers and no communication will be entered into regarding the selection. Criteria will include the amount of work carried out by the owner and the condition of the original donor bike
The following motorcycle categories will be contested:
- Veteran (up to end of 1918).
- Vintage (1919-end of 1931).
- Pre-war (1932-end of 1945).
- Post-war (1946-end of 1955).
- Classic I (1956-end of 1966).
- Classic II (1967-end of 1978).
- Post Classic (1979-end of 1990).
- Best Japanese.
- Best Continental.
- Best American.
- Best British.
- Best Off-Road.
- Best Japanese Dirt Bike.
- Best Scooter.
- Best Competition.
- Best Custom.
- Best Chopper.
- Best Trike.
There will also be awards for:
- Peoples Choice.
- Best Club or Group Display.
- Classic Bike of the Year.
- Best in Show.
Any queries or commercial enquiries are always welcome either via the Contacts page or via firstname.lastname@example.org